Saturday, July 27, 2013

Treasures from the Kinder-Garden! (and some brownies)





Before I even really knew (and loved)  my friend Sandy, from Kinder-Gardening, I found (and loved) her TPT Store!  She says it isn't very big (I think "teeny tiny" were her words...) but it is full of treasures.

I first bought her Sight Word Sentence Construction Packet- because it was exactly what I needed to help my children fine-tune their sentence construction - beginning with a capital letter, using spaces and punctuation, and reinforcing sight words.  She included her adorable space men spacers, which the children thought were -ok- I am going to say it- OUT OF THIS WORLD!
 
 
 
 
Then, I found her Base Ten Math Flash Cards and I can't WAIT to use these! I am printing them out on card stock and laminating them this weekend. This is what made me know I had to write this post. 
 
I will use these ALL. THE. TIME.  Oh my gosh, they are great! 
These are a couple of her sample pictures to show you how she shows each number:

 
 
 Kindergarten First Grade Base Ten Math Flash Cards


Kindergarten First Grade Base Ten Math Flash Cards
 
For some reason, tens and ones were the trickiest concepts for my children to understand last year- so I think presenting with this visual will be so helpful!
 
I just bought her Back to School Envelopes and Poem, because they are PRECIOUS- and SO MUCH WORK (that I don't have to do!).  I can't wait to get them out to my new boys and girls.  
Back to School Envelopes and Poem
 
You can find these treasures here at Sandy's TPT Store! I just wanted to share them with you.  Thank you, Sandy!
 
NEXT- a quick, yummy recipe for you.  These are a great thing to bake and take in to your custodians , who are working so hard to make our schools ready to go- or the secretaries who are busy registering those last minute new students...   (I just want my new students BEFORE the buses pull in on the first day!)

Ready?  All you need is:

 
Just make a box of brownies (any kind, of course!) and bake. 
(Resist the urge to just eat the batter and not even BAKE the brownies... It has actually been done in this very house before...It's a real thing.  Let's just say I am a good mom sometimes/ or a horrible one- either way- it's been done. )
 
 

However, when you unwrap the Peppermint Patties, I think the rule is that you must try at least one to be sure they taste just right.  Yeah, pretttty sure that's the rule.


 
Take the brownies out of the oven, with about 2 minutes left to bake.   Put the Peppermint Patties on top and the brownies back in the oven for those last couple of minutes.
 
 
When they are done, the Peppermint Patties will spread like frosting. YUM.


 Then...
and cut.  That's it!   They cut much better when they are cool- plus, this picture just amused me for some reason.  Can you believe my son (19) didn't think it was really that funny? What is wrong with him?! He might have said something like ,"That seems like something you would think was funny."  I didn't actually "LOL" but I did "SAL" (Smile a lot.)( I know -that's not a real thing.)
 
 
I give my mom credit for these brownies.  The first time I remember having them was after Halloween one year when we had left-over Peppermint Patties, and next thing I knew- she came up with these. That was WAY before Pinterest or Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee even existed!  (Plus- I'm pretty sure after watching Semi-Homemade enough that my mom would have been required to include a tablescape and some sort of Peppermint Patty cocktail with these brownies- so...)
 
Just thought I would share an easy, fun recipe- and show you why I don't have a cooking blog. Ha ha! :) 
 
Happy Saturday!
 
 
 


 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog