Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Back to School!

Oh. My. Gosh.  This just made my day today.  Except I think "Second week of school" is generous, because for me it is that first Friday night. 

Today we have our meetings and some time to talk to everyone work in our rooms- so I am glad I have most of my work done and ready to go. We still don't have bus numbers for our kids- which could be a tiny problem tomorrow, because it isn't like you ask a classroom of 5 year olds, "What bus do you ride?" 

Yesterday in my "Currently" I mentioned that my goal was to start my day with my devotion and then get on that treadmill after school at home.  I have been pretty good at the treadmill devotion part.  My favorite one lately has been Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.
 
It seems like it's written for ME each day- and is just one, really well-written quick page. For example, today's was really timely as I start back to school and need to NOT focus on trivial things but sort out what is important:
 
Let the dew of My Presence refresh your mind and heart. So many, many things vie for your attention in this complex world of instant communication.  The world has changed enormously since I first gave the command to 'be still and know that I am God.'  However, this timeless truth is essential for the well-being of your soul.  As the dew refreshes grass and flowers during the stillness of the night, so My Presence revitalizes you as you sit with me.  A refreshed, revitalized mind is able to sort out what is important and what is not.  In its natural condition, your mind easily gets stuck on trivial matters.  Like the spinning wheels of a car trapped in mud, the cogs of your brain spin impotently when you focus on trivial things.  As soon as you start communicating with Me about the matter, your thoughts gain traction and you can move on to more important things.  Communicate with me continually, and I will put My thoughts into your mind. 

I need to be reminded of this- because this little saying is ME when I go back into my room after it has been cleaned and "put back together" in summer:
Have a WONDERFUL school year!  I am off to some meetings!

(He is supposed to be blowing you kisses- but he looks kind of embarrassed instead.  :) 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog