Monday, October 5, 2015

Pumpkin FREEBIES!





I put together lots of great TPT Pumpkin Freebies to share with you!  But first- have you ever seen so many pumpkin flavored things in your life?  I couldn't believe it when we went shopping this weekend.  














This last one made me think of the cutest mini pumpkin pies that I saw at Greg Smedley's The Kindergarten Smorgasboard!  He used vanilla pudding and pumpkin pie filling. Yum.  How precious are these? He posted a picture of these on facebook, and I haven't been able to get it out of my head!  So clever and fun for the kids.


 This week's playdoh flavor in our room was, of course...  pumpkin!


I have tried a lot of recipes- and I have two favorites.  My tried and true oldie is:

Heat and stir:  
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
2 cups warm water
1 tsp cream of tartar
2 Tbsp vegetable oil

Knead to combine all.  Add food coloring and scents as you wish!
                  
I also love this newer recipe using Bisquick.

Bisquick Playdoh
2 cups Bisquick
1 cup salt
2 cups water
1 Tbsp cream of tartar
1 Tbsp oil

Mix all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl.  Microwave for 3 minutes.  Scrape and stir the bowl. Microwave for another 3 minutes. If it is not quite ready,  microwave for another minute.
(I made a double batch and put it back in my microwave for one more minute, which worked perfectly.)


I added about half a jar of pumpkin pie spice and some orange food coloring.  It actually looked just like pumpkin!  Luckily, I got the pumpkin pie spice on sale- because that stuff is expensive!

I made a double batch, which gives me enough for one table of smiles.  

To go along with our playdoh this season, Erin from Creating and Teaching made these perfect Pumpkin Counting Playdoh Mats! Thank you, Erin!  How great are these?!  I cannot wait to use them.

Pumpkin Counting Playdoh MatsPumpkin Counting Playdoh MatsPumpkin Counting Playdoh Mats

Okinawan Girl has these absolutely adorable Halloween Freaky Faces Playdough Mats FREE at her TPT store.  These are so much fun, too!
FREEBIE!  Hallowe'en Freaky Faces Playdough MatsFREEBIE!  Hallowe'en Freaky Faces Playdough MatsFREEBIE!  Hallowe'en Freaky Faces Playdough MatsFREEBIE!  Hallowe'en Freaky Faces Playdough Mats


Well, grab a cup of pumpkin coffee, because I've got a lot of TPT Pumpkin Freebies to share with you.   I like to know they are here in one spot, all sorted out, when I need them. I hope this helps you, too.  


My friend, Sarah Burk, has a cute  Pumpkin Craftivity that the kids will have a ball making! I am going to put out lots of different textured papers, tissue paper, shiny paper... and let them go crazy making their own beautiful pumpkin during Free Choice!  I can't wait to see my pumpkin patch when they are done. It's fun (for both the kids and for me!) to have some activities the children can make completely by themselves.

Pumpkin Craftivities - Fall - Freebie

Nerissa Reddick shared a great How a Pumpkin Grows writing activity. 

How a Pumpkin Grows: First, Next, Then, After, Finally
This Pumpkin Roll, Color, Cover game  from Young and Lively Kindergarten will be so much fun to use with a Pumpkin theme!
Pumpkin Roll, Color, & CoverPumpkin Roll, Color, & CoverPumpkin Roll, Color, & CoverPumpkin Roll, Color, & Cover

Kindergarten Lifestyle made a great Pumpkin Pals Letter and Number Concentration Game.
Pumpkin Pals (Letter and Number Concentration)Pumpkin Pals (Letter and Number Concentration)Pumpkin Pals (Letter and Number Concentration)

I really like this Pumpkin Emotions Poster and Memory Game by The Winged One.  We've been working on adding details to pictures- and emotions are one of the details!  This will be fun to show the kids!
Pumpkin Emotions {Poster and Memory Game}

The Eagle's Nest shared this Letter and Word Sort Activity.

The Pumpkin Patch--a letter and word sort freebieThe Pumpkin Patch--a letter and word sort freebie

Nicole Ricca has a Pumpkin Mini Unit freebie.  Her products are always wonderful. I just love them. This is a great unit to learn about pumpkins.
Pumpkin Mini-Unit FREEBIE!
She lists the activities included in this packet:
-Inside & Outside Pumpkin Lesson & Craft
-Pumpkin Investigations Activity
-Pumpkin Life Cycle
-Planting Pumpkins
-Pumpkin Jack Experiment
-Pumpkin Seed Estimation
-Pumpkin Craft


Edna Wallace Lickety Split Lessons and Stuff shared these Pumpkin Power Four Free Literacy Centers.  These are great!
Pumpkin Power:  Four Fall Literacy CentersPumpkin Power:  Four Fall Literacy CentersPumpkin Power:  Four Fall Literacy CentersPumpkin Power:  Four Fall Literacy Centers
Michelle Rist shared her Pumpkin Science and Math Book which would be perfect to use before you carve your pumpkin with your class!

 Pumpkin Science and Math

I love these Pumpkin Number Rhymes from Deedee Wills!
Pumpkin Number Rhymes-FREE


Kid Sparkz has some cute Number Matching Cards.
Pumpkin Number Matching Cards 0-10 FREE

This Pumpkin Subitizing Activity from Crazy Kids Learning would be perfect this time of year.

Pumpkin SubitizingPumpkin Subitizing


Lauren Thompson shared a Pumpkin Hundreds Chart Mystery Picture that I love!
Pumpkin Hundreds Chart Mystery Picture
Crystal McGinnis made a Pumpkin Number Ordering Activity and a recording sheet to practice writing numbers 0-20.
 Pumpkin Patch Fall Themed Math Center Kindergarten Common

Chelsea Wiehl made a fun Pumpkin Number ID Ten Frame Center.  The children clip a clothespin by he correct number.
Pumpkin Number ID CenterPumpkin Number ID Center

Mrs. Heather shared a Pumpkin Counting Mini Book that would be lots of fun.

Pumpkin Counting Mini-Book **FREEBIE**

The Daily Alphabet shared this cute My Pumpkin Seed Counting Book.
My Pumpkin Seed: A Counting StoryMy Pumpkin Seed: A Counting Story

Megan Groves made a cute Pumpkin Roll and Cover activity, a great math center.

Pumpkin Roll and Color
 Where is My Little Pumpkin by Virginia Olivelli's Little Language Learners is a great activity for learning postitional words.
WHERE IS MY LITTLE PUMPKIN?WHERE IS MY LITTLE PUMPKIN?WHERE IS MY LITTLE PUMPKIN?

I hope you have a fun fall!  Thanks for stopping by!




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for putting these all in one place! I downloaded almost all of them! :) That is ridiculous that there is pumpkin spice everything!!! Haha

    Fervent First Grade Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delaney, thank you SO much for writing! I'm so glad you found some fun things! I know - I can't believe the pumpkin everything! :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog